Barclays Bank and the Masonic Hall

Barclays Bank was opened in 1999 and is the result of a donation by one of Barclays Bank directors. All of the internal fittings came from Barclays branches which were being modernised. The frontage came from the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank in Southport and the bricks and quoins came from Park House in Gateshead.

The Masonic Hall was opened in 2006 by HRH The Duke of Kent in a ceremony supported by 2,000 Freemasons in full regalia. The frontage came from the Masonic Hall built by St John’s Lodge of Sunderland in 1869.



Barclays Bank and the Masonic Hall

© Gordon Bulmer 2022